Autumn Leaves Gradient

12:07:00 AM

Hi, all! I hope you're having a great start to the weekend.


The weather here in St. Louis is finally cooling down and the leaves are beginning to change. At first, I refused to start wearing my fall polishes just on principle -- I wasn't ready for the beautiful summer weather to end. But at last, I've resigned myself to accept the change in the seasons. And truthfully, I do love fall! It is full of cute scarves, warm cider, and gorgeous leaves. Those leaves are what inspired today's manicure.

My base for this manicure is Gouda Gouda Two Shoes by OPI. This rosy shade is accented by gold shimmer, and, though released in spring, I think it transitions well into fall. Then I added some of Bettina Metallic Copper with a sponged up tissue. I purchased this gorgeous copper shade while on vacation in Puerto Rico last year. Finally, I used Mattése Elite Je T'aime for a glitter gradient. And I can't rave about Je T'aime enough! It is stunning! 




Please tell me you're lovin' this as much as I am! It has been awhile since I got creative with my nails. It seems like I have just been doing lots of swatching, which I do love, but I missed getting artsy with it. 

And now, for a bonus shot. Here is this fall gradient in the shade. I love this photo because it really shows how gorgeous Mattése Elite Je T'aime is. A truly beautiful iridescent golden glitter.


There you have it! 

What do you think of my autumn-inspired gradient? Are you ready for fall?

- Aly

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. do you have gel on your nails? or is it natural?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nails are totally natural! I don't use gel or acrylics. In this look I do have a couple coats of polish and topcoat, which might make my nails look thicker or shinier than normal.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe