ABC Challenge: D is for Dupes!

8:48:00 PM

Hi, everybody! I've noticed a good amount of new followers lately, so welcome and hello!


Today, a day late (oops!), I am here to do my D Challenge for the ABC Challenge. I chose to use two of my favorite dupes to create a glitter gradient. I am a huge fan of cheaper dupes of higher end polishes. I mean, I am a college woman on a budget! If I can get a beautiful shade at a more affordable price, you can bet I will pick the cheaper one. 

My base color is Sinful Colors Greek Isles, which is a dupe for Zoya Wednesday. I purchased the Sinful Colors on sale for 99¢ and the Zoya retails for $8 plus shipping. That's a $7+ savings! The glitter I used is called Sea Dust by Urban Outfitters and I bought it for $4 in their 2 for $8 deal. Otherwise, it would have been $5 a bottle. Sea Dust is a dupe for Deborah Lippman Mermaid's Dream which retails for $18 a bottle. I saved $14 on that one! God, I love a good deal :)

To do this manicure, I first used 2 coats of Sinful Colors Greek Isles. Then I dabbed Sea Dust on, starting at the tips, to create a delicate glitter gradient. Check it out!




I am loving this look! It's the first time I have done a gradient with such similar shades, and I really like the subtle effect of shimmering tips. 

Don't forget to check out the other ABC Challenge posts this week! 

- Aly 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love these colors. I love dupes too, why spend so much money if you can get the same thing for less?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And I love Sea Dust. I keep seeing swatches, and I have it, but haven't used it yet! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shimmery tips within the same colour! I also love me some cheap dupes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really loving the blue pastels lately! Love your glitter gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my philosophy exactly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to use it! It is so lovely :) I prefer it as a gradient vs. a full mani, but either way it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Simona! I totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! They are so pretty and soft. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Maybe the Spring-y color will help usher the season in. I'm tired of the cold in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done! It's subtle yet beautiful and I love the little crystals and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I sure hope so! Thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe