Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Skittle Manicure!

Hey there!

Today I have an out-of-season manicure for you! As December has just begun, I have been getting all ready for Christmas season. I'm not super religious, but I just love the season and the festivities. I recently went to a holiday themed dance with my sorority, and I dressed as Christmas. I wore a tacky sweater and matched my nails to it. Here are the skittles I came up with! 


The polishes are as follows:
  • Pinky: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Go Green! as the background, China Glaze Winter Berry for the garland, Butter London Fiddlesticks glitter on top
  • Ring: Orly Au Champagne as background, Wet N Wild Black Creme for the spots
  • Middle: Wet N Wild Black Creme as background, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Go Green! as holly leaves, China Glaze Winter Berry for berries, Zoya Kimmy to add shimmer
  • Index: Zoya Kimmy for background, Born Pretty handplaced glitter
Here is another angle of my handiwork :)


To do these skittles, I used only a dotting tool. As always, I take pictures of my dominant hand, meaning that all the detail work was done with my non-dominant hand. I think I am getting pretty good with my left hand! 

If you're wondering why I used a dalmatian pattern, it is because my tacky sweater has dalmatian puppies on it. Here's a picture of DBF and I before the dance, including the sweater on which I based these skittles. 


I hope you liked these skittles! Hopefully they get you in the holiday mood :)

- Aly

2 comments:

  1. Today,
    I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very
    informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being
    offered by your site.

    Thanks and Regards


    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I
    read and like this post. Thanks.

    burun
    estetigi

    ReplyDelete