China Glaze Magnetix: Drawn to You

8:39:00 PM

Magnetic polish is a new trend that has been all over the blogosphere lately, and China Glaze recently released their take on the trend. I was pretty excited to try this out, but I am not entirely sure that I think it lives up to the hype.


Drawn to You is a medium purple magnetic polish from their Magnetix collection. The color itself is a nice middle-toned purple. Right after applying the polish, you hold a magnet above your nail to create the design. The polish dries quickly, so you have to go one nail at a time. To me, the China Glaze magnet seemed a bit too weak. Sometimes the pattern didn't quite show up across the nail, and I had to do it again. Still, the overall effect is pretty cool looking.



I think that this polish is very pretty, and very unique. However, the magnet itself was a disappointment. I think I might look for a better, stronger magnet online. That said, I still like the idea of magnetic polish. I would love to try some more magnetic polishes, maybe from another brand. I saw some really nice looking ones by Nabi.

Have you tried magnetic polish yet?

- Aly

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Magnetic polishes ar so fascinating! I never tried one, but if I can get my hands on one, it would be so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love magnetic polishes. The dark purple one from China Glaze is such a gorgeous colour. I have problems with them because my nails have a high curve so the magnet only works for the top of my nail and not down the sides.

    Check out my giveaway, it includes MaxFactor Fantasy Fire http://make-upjournal.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the nails inc. magnetic nail polish from sephora during their friends and family sale back in the fall. I love it, and I'll have to try the China glaze!

    I just started a new beauty blog http://beautybandit.blogspot.com/- I have nails, makeup, hair etc. there but I'm honestly not so good at nails. would love to be as good as you!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe